Preparing for the New Year: Employment Law Compliance and Legal Obligations for 2024
January 17 - January 31, 2024
7:30am - 8:00am - Breakfast
8:00am - 9:00am - Briefing
Maynard Nexsen kicks off the new year by revisiting important employment law developments in the last year and discussing trends in employment law facing HR professionals in 2024. This briefing will include discussions on significant changes in state and federal law in your state, a discussion of what regulatory initiatives to expect from the fourth year of the Biden Administration, and other workforce, statutory, or other employment law initiatives that are expected to be on the table for 2024.
Topics may include:
- Economic uncertainty and its impact on the workforce, including layoffs, RIFs, and the WARN Act
- New workplace legislation in other states and their potential impact on the Carolinas
- Potential Supreme Court cases in 2024 that could change the workplace landscape
- DOL initiatives and trends, including the anticipated change to the salary threshold for exempt workers, pay transparency laws, and independent contractor rules
- EEOC enforcement priorities, NLRB activity, and other administrative agency and regulatory
- and more...(are there topics that you would like to see covered in this seminar? Submit your request in your RSVP and all suggestions will be reviewed and considered.)
AL, NC, and SC CLE & SHRM certification pending.