Let's Grow TogetherMaynard Nexsen is a national law firm whose primary foundation is a team of individuals who are committed to making a positive difference for our clients, our community, and our colleagues. We are always interested in receiving resumes from qualified candidates who wish to work in one of our offices. Since our founding, Maynard Nexsen's remarkable growth, reputation, and success have been built by finding and retaining the right people to carry out the Firm’s core principles: professional excellence, uncompromising integrity, teamwork, selfless loyalty, and balanced lives.
We believe in building a diverse team and an inclusive environment to enrich our experience as teammates and make us better advisors to our clients.
Therefore, I pledge:
- To do my part in advancing diversity at the firm in recruiting a diverse team and promoting an inclusive environment that embraces group input, ideas, dialogue, and constant improvement;
- To better educate myself on issues of bias and discrimination;
- To listen to others and seek to understand experiences and perspectives different than my own;
- To invite and willingly accept feedback on my actions and words and hold myself accountable for them, even if it is uncomfortable to do so; and
- To intentionally and consistently use my actions and words to contribute to a firm, a community, and a world that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible for all.
Our goal is to hire people who demonstrate professional and personal excellence because both of those components are critical to build and sustain a successful, rewarding work environment. We recruit and retain talented and diverse individuals who share our commitment to maintaining a healthy, enjoyable culture. Our goal for all of our employees is to provide a supportive team, life balance, and an exciting opportunity to build your best career.
Open Staff/Admin Positions
Maynard Nexsen Diversity Scholarship Program
In 2008, we launched the Maynard Nexsen Diversity Scholarship Program. The scholarship is awarded to two (2) underrepresented or minority law students who are enrolled at an ABA accredited law school. The program recipients will receive a $5,000 scholarship and a paid summer associate position. Since inception of the scholarship program, we have awarded 42 scholarships.
These go to underrepresented or minority law students planning careers in South or North Carolina and our hope is to:
- Support diversity within our firm and the bar
- Enhance educational opportunities for talented minorities in the field of law
- Inform underrepresented or minority law students of opportunities for private practice
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM