Josh is a Member of the Firm's Insurance Litigation Practice Group where he focuses on the representation of insurers, financial services clients, and other companies in complex litigation and other disputes. His primary focus in representing insurers in high-stakes coverage and bad faith disputes in Alabama and Texas. Josh has been selected for inclusion in "Best Lawyers in America” for Insurance Law since 2021. He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for Insurance Coverage since 2016, and as a “Future Star” for Insurance Litigation by Benchmark Litigation.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Regularly represents insurers in a wide variety of insurance coverage disputes arising under various coverage lines, including directors and officers and other professional liability, commercial general liability, umbrella and excess, cyber liability, commercial property, equipment breakdown, auto, and homeowners.
- Handles routine and complex coverage matters, including first-party, liability, and bad faith or extra-contractual litigation.
- Regularly serves as monitoring counsel in connection with large, complex insurance coverage claims.
- Regularly represents title insurers and insureds in a wide variety of real estate title litigation, including disputes regarding lien validity and priority, restrictive covenants, reformation, defalcation, and coverage.
- Represents clients in class action lawsuits involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represents clients in commercial litigation involving a wide variety of other commercial matters, such as banking disputes and mass and class actions.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation (2021- present); Insurance Law (2023 - present); and Litigation - Real Estate (2023 - present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Insurance Coverage (2016 - present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for Insurance Coverage/Business Litigation (2013 - 2015)
- Recognized as a "Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama, North Carolina, Texas
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), North Carolina (Eastern, Middle, Western), Texas (Eastern, Northern, Southern, Western)
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit