Jon is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice. He focuses his practice on tax, mergers and acquisitions, business planning, and economic development.
As both a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and an attorney, Jon offers extensive experience in assisting businesses with federal and state income tax matters. He provides general corporate governance advice to business owners and management, and he represents clients on both the buy-side and sell-side of transactions in a variety of industries. Using his knowledge and understanding of the various industry sector intricacies, he provides a broad range of clients with strategic direction related to tax planning and guides them through the resolution of complex tax issues and the avoidance of costly mistakes.
Prior to law school and joining the Maynard Nexsen team, Jon worked as a CPA in Birmingham. He received his B.S. in Business Administration and his Master of Accountancy from Samford University. After graduating from Cumberland School of Law, where he was Associate Editor of the Cumberland Law Review, he received his Master of Laws in Taxation from the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida. Jon is also a graduate of Leadership Tuscaloosa, class of 2015-2016, and was named One to Watch in Corporate Law and Tax Law (2021-2022) and Mergers and Acquisitions (2022) by Best Lawyers.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Samford University Bulldog Club Development Board
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, Tax Law (2021-Present), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2023-Present)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama, Florida