Randall Minor, a shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate and Economic Development practice groups, represented Maynard Nexsen in the Birmingham Business Journal’s Table of Experts: Insights into Opportunity Zones. This edition of Table of Experts was released in the May 17 issue of the Journal. Randall was one of three area business leaders who served as an “expert” to provide details on the Opportunity Zone program.
“If a company has an exit opportunity that arises prior to the 10-year anniversary of the Opportunity Zone investment, the significant tax benefit on any appreciation could be neutralized as a result of the sale…” stated Randall. Topics covered in the article include what an opportunity zone is, what do you need to know before setting up an opportunity fund, and what are the benefits of the opportunity zones program. To read the full article, please click here.
Matt is a Shareholder in the Firm's Corporate Section and co-chairs the Firm’s Private Markets practice.
Matt's practice includes a focus on both domestic and international investment funds, joint ventures, separate accounts ...
As a long-time member of the Firm’s Economic Development practice group, Tom specializes in identifying and procuring tax incentive packages for businesses in the State of Alabama, whether for existing Alabama entities ...
Wes is a Shareholder and serves as Chair of Maynard Nexsen’s Fund Formation & Investment Management Practice. He is also a member of the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice groups.
A graduate of Harvard Law ...
Tom leads Maynard Nexsen's Corporate and Transactional Section and serves on the Firm's Board of Directors.
Tom’s extensive experience covers all aspects of representing buyers, sellers, developers, investors, landlords ...
Jon is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Corporate Securities & Tax Practice. He focuses his practice on tax, mergers and acquisitions, business planning, and economic development.
As both a Certified Public Accountant (CPA ...
Alvin is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Mobile office and a member of several practice groups including the Economic Development & Incentives, Public Finance, and Labor & Employment.
His public finance practice includes the ...
Randall is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Real Estate, Public Finance, and Economic Development practice groups.
He focuses on the representation of governmental and nonprofit entities in connection with the issuance of ...
- Recent FCA Settlement Highlights Small Business Certification Issues in Private Equity Transactions
- 4 Takeaways: GAO Bid Protest Annual Report to Congress for FY 2023
- FCC Space Bureau launches its Transparency Initiative
- Joshua Duvall Quoted by Law360 on Federal Court Decision Impacting the SBA 8(a) Program
- ALERT: SBA to Require All Individually-Owned 8(a)s to Affirmatively Establish Social Disadvantage
- Maynard Nexsen Shareholder to present at 2023 National HUBZone Conference
- Court Enjoins Rebuttable Presumption in 8(a) Program: What's Next for Future, Current Participants?
- Hello Q4: SBA Clarifies 8(a) Sole Source Rules, Individual 8(a)s Have More Options for Larger Awards
- DoD Issues Proposed Rule to Address Domestic Preferences for Defense Contracts
- Biden-Harris Administration to Launch New Initiative to Increase Federal Contracting with Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2016
- January 2013