Prime contractors are responsible for incorporating the appropriate provisions of their prime contracts into the agreements with their subcontractor. Determining which clauses are applicable to subcontractors and how best to monitor subcontractor compliance needs to be a priority. The first step is identifying contract clauses that are required to be incorporated into the contractor’s subcontracts. These “mandatory flow-downs” are FAR, DFARS, and other contract clauses that, by their own terms, are required to be incorporated into subcontracts. Clauses that must ...
The U.S. Department of Labor (DoL) just announced that the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) recovered a record $304 million in wages owed to workers in the Fiscal Year 2018 (read more here). This includes violations of labor laws unique to federal contractors, such as the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act (SCA). On September 13, 2018, the DOL found that a California-based contractor and five of its subcontractors had violated the SCA. WHD determined the contractor owed over $3.5 million to 1,416 workers (both their own and subcontractor personnel) for failing to pay federal ...
Most contractors are aware that President Trump signed into law the Small Business Runway Extension Act of 2018 on December 17, 2018. The Act modified how the Small Business Administration (SBA) calculates a business’ size for revenue-based size standards. Size has been calculated based on a three fiscal year average of annual receipts. The Act increased the period of time in the calculation from three years to five.
The Act, however, contained no effective date. On December 21, 2018, SBA issued an information notice announcing the new statute would not take effect until the SBA ...
Most companies pursuing government contracts enter into teaming agreements to prepare and submit their proposals. Teaming agreements are an important element of the government contracting proposal process, used to enhance the likelihood of the teaming partners winning a contract by combining complementary capabilities to offer a more comprehensive and competitive solution. Typically, a teaming agreement will describe the anticipated contribution for each team member in performing the prime contract and designate one of the parties as the “prime” and the other as a ...
- Recent FCA Settlement Highlights Small Business Certification Issues in Private Equity Transactions
- 4 Takeaways: GAO Bid Protest Annual Report to Congress for FY 2023
- FCC Space Bureau launches its Transparency Initiative
- Joshua Duvall Quoted by Law360 on Federal Court Decision Impacting the SBA 8(a) Program
- ALERT: SBA to Require All Individually-Owned 8(a)s to Affirmatively Establish Social Disadvantage
- Maynard Nexsen Shareholder to present at 2023 National HUBZone Conference
- Court Enjoins Rebuttable Presumption in 8(a) Program: What's Next for Future, Current Participants?
- Hello Q4: SBA Clarifies 8(a) Sole Source Rules, Individual 8(a)s Have More Options for Larger Awards
- DoD Issues Proposed Rule to Address Domestic Preferences for Defense Contracts
- Biden-Harris Administration to Launch New Initiative to Increase Federal Contracting with Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2016
- January 2013