Jaime is a Shareholder and member of the Litigation, Construction, and Admiralty & Maritime practices at Maynard Nexsen.
His focus is on admiralty, transportation law, and construction law where he represents contractors, subcontractors, shipyards, property owners, and other businesses in commercial disputes and personal injury litigation. Additionally, Jaime has experience in representing clients during OSHA inspections and contesting OSHA citations. He is an active member in several trades and industry groups related to his areas of practice including The Maritime Law Association of the United States, the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI), and the Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA).
He has extensive experience at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts in Florida and Alabama.
Jaime has a deep knowledge of preservation law and uses it in his civic work as a member of several historic preservation organizations. He previously served as President of the Mobile Historic Development Commission and remains an active member. He is also a member of the Historic Mobile Preservation Society and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Currently, he is President of the Barton Academy Foundation, which is working with the Mobile County Public School System to raise funds for the establishment of the Barton Academy for Advanced World Studies in downtown Mobile.
Benchmark Litigation recognizes Jaime as a Litigation Star in the areas of commercial and transportation litigation, and he is listed by The Best Lawyers in America© in Construction Law and Admiralty and Maritime Law. He is also listed as an Alabama Super Lawyer for Transportation/Maritime and a Mid-South Super Lawyer for Transportation/Maritime. He is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
He received his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law and holds a B.S. in Political Science from Spring Hill College.
Community & Professional
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI), Long Range Planning Committee
- Mobile Bar Association
- Propeller Club – Port of Mobile
- Mobile Historic Development Commission, Member and Past President
- Barton Academy Foundation, Board Member and Past President
- Historic Mobile Preservation Society, Member
- St. Thomas More Society, Vice Chancellor
- Cathedral-Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, Cantor
- Musica Sacra Chorus, Member
- Mobile Revolving Fund for Historic Properties, Past President
- Mobile Christmas Parade Board of Directors, Past President
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Alabama/Mississippi Chapter, Past Board Member
- National MS Society Greater Mobile Leadership Class, Past Member and Honorary Chairman
- National MS Society Greater Mobile Leadership Class Advisory Council, Member
- Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" for Construction Law (2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2014 - present); Construction Law (2021 - present); Litigation - Construction, and Litigation - Environmental (2024-present)
- Recognized as a "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation for Commercial, Insurance, and Transportation (2022)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Transportation/Maritime (2016 - present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Transportation/Maritime (2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
American Society of Civil Engineers February Meeting
Wednesday Feb. 8, 2017
Featured speaker at the February 8 ASCE Mobile Branch meeting speaking on OSHA's revised regulations governing silica exposure.
Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. Alabama Chapter Leadership Series
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Presented to a leadership group of young contractors on dealing with OSHA investigations and contesting OSHA citations.
- State Bar: Alabama, Florida
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), Florida (Northern, Middle)
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit