Charles is a Shareholder and Member of Maynard Nexsen’s Compliance, Investigations, & White Collar Defense Practice. He focuses his practice on corporate compliance, risk management, and governance, in addition to government investigations, regulatory defense, and outside general counsel services.
Charles advises clients on their compliance policies and programs and conducts tailored assessments and trainings to mitigate risk around areas including anti-corruption, sanctions, import/export, antitrust, and other regulatory requirements.
Charles also provides legal counsel to businesses and executives facing or looking to prevent government investigations and enforcement actions and has navigated clients through investigations involving the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Congress, and other state and federal regulatory and enforcement agencies. Finally, Charles assists companies in conducting internal investigations.
Prior to Maynard, Charles worked with Husch Blackwell LLP in Washington, DC. Charles earned his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law and holds a B.A. in Philosophy from Washington and Lee University.
- Represented multinational technology company in DOJ National Security Division investigation
- Assisted international Fortune 500 technology company with trade sanctions matter brought by Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Provided Fortune 500 infrastructure company with business structuring advice for compliance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations
- Assisted Fortune 500 infrastructure company in determining antiboycott reporting requirements and compliance for Treasury and Commerce Departments
- Represented multiple CEO's and companies before the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in connection with the Congressional investigations into Russian election interference
- Represented large regional hospital organization before Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in false claims matter
- Represented contracting company in criminal fraud and civil False Claims Act proceedings with DOJ
- Assisted real estate client with SEC investigation related to potential violations of federal securities laws
- 06.07.2023 | Media Mention
- Charles Fleischmann & Ephraim Hintz, A New Decade in Data Privacy: Complying with CCPA, COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS PROFESSIONAL, April 2020
- Charles Fleischmann & Mark Grider, A Washington View of Global Anti-Corruption, COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS PROFESSIONAL, June 2018
- State Bar: Alabama
- The Honorable Harry S. Mattice, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee (Pre-law school internship)