Formerly Ashleigh Greene
Ashleigh M. Johnson is a Corporate Attorney with the Firm's Corporate & Business Transactions Practice Group, based out of the Firm's Greensboro office. She supports corporate clients in transactional matters, including leasing, purchasing, and selling commercial real estate, corporate governance, compliance, structure and formation, and other commercial agreements. She advises in-house counsel on corporate transactions and litigation matters. She has also negotiated settlements and participated in mediation under the American Arbitration Association.
Ashleigh also has business litigation experience, with a background in complex business litigation, real estate disputes, shareholder disputes, and business torts disputes.
As a graduate of Wake Forest University and a native of Greensboro, Ashleigh is familiar with Greensboro and the Triad. After obtaining her B.S. in Business, she worked for three years for one of the largest banks in the United States in commercial and personal banking. Thereafter, she received her J.D. from Washington and Lee University School of Law and worked with a boutique commercial litigation firm in Miami through 2017.
Throughout her studies, Ashleigh immersed herself in many international opportunities. She studied abroad in Spain, Canada and China, as well as participated in the International Human Rights Practicum with Washington and Lee University and the Women's Legal Aid Centre (WLAC) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Community & Professional
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Greensboro Bar Association
- Member, Guilford County Association of Black Lawyers
- Member, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Between August and February, you can find Ashleigh watching football cheering on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and the Miami Dolphins, something she has done with her father since she was 5. When Ashleigh is not watching football, she is likely traveling the world, watching other sports, volunteering with her sorority, or exploring new passions. Most recently, she is learning how to play the piano.
Named to Lawyers of Color's Annual Hot List, which recognizes early- to mid-career attorneys excelling in the legal profession, 2022
Listed in Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch in Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Corporate Law, & Meagers and Acquisitions Law (2023-present)
National Black Lawyers Association Top 40 under 40 in North Carolina, 2020 and 2021 – an honor given to attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, leadership skills, and performance in legal practice; as well as promote diversity
Washington & Lee University School of Law Awards
- Randall P. Bezanson Award
- Black Law Students Association (BLSA) Regional Mock Trial Director – 2011-2012
- Mock Trial Competition, Quarterfinalist
- Robert J. Grey, Jr. Negotiations Competition, Quarterfinalist
Wake Forest University
- Junius C. and Eliza P. Brown Merit Scholarship
Co-Author of a report, “The Gap between Law and Reality”, which included findings and recommendations for improving conditions for workers in Tanzania.
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 03.08.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 01.03.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 12.27.2022 | Media Mention
- 12.19.2022 | Media Mention
- 08.18.2022 | Firm News
- 04.29.2020 | News from Maynard Nexsen
In honor of Women’s History Month, Greensboro attorney Ashleigh Greene shares the accomplishments of former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch.
- State Bar: North Carolina, Florida
- U.S. District Court: Florida (Southern)