Rich is a Shareholder in Maynard’s Real Estate Practice Group and serves as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Corporate Real Estate Team. He guides Fortune 500 companies, other public and privately-held companies, commercial banks, and investors in all types of real estate matters in markets throughout the United States.
Rich’s national practice is anchored by multi-year, multi-deal relationships with his clients that seek his guidance across numerous industries in connection with acquiring, selling, leasing, and developing real estate for investment and operational purposes. More recently, Rich has handled numerous transactions for the following clients: Regions Bank, Boise Cascade Company, Costco Wholesale Corporation, Fresenius Medical Care North America, and Healthcare Realty Trust.
Rich has been repeatedly recognized as a “Rising Star” in real estate by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, and the Birmingham Business Journal. Rich is also a published author and lecturer in the area of real estate.
Rich joined Maynard in 2014 and was elected to become a Shareholder of the Firm in January 2022. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Hampden-Sydney College, where he was a three-year Captain of the Men’s Varsity Tennis Team and was selected as the Conference Rookie Player of the Year as a Freshman and the Conference Player of the Year as a Senior. Rich received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where he was an editor of and published in the Georgia Law Review.
Community & Professional
- Freshwater Land Trust, Junior Board, Executive Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Project Finance Law (2023-present), Real Estate Law (2024)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star in Real Estate Law (2020-present)
- 2018 Rising Stars in Real Estate, Birmingham Business Journal
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- Intern for the Honorable Steve C Jones
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Intern for the Honorable J. Randal Hall
United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia