As a member of the Firm’s Corporate Section, Spencer guides both companies and individuals through all aspects of business transactions.
Spencer’s primary focus is representing buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions. He has represented clients across various industries in middle-market transactions totaling billions in transaction value.
In addition to M&A transactions, Spencer often serves as general corporate counsel to companies in day-to-day business dealings, including contract negotiations, restructuring strategies, private investment offerings, joint ventures, debt and equity financings, shareholder buy-outs, and entity formation.
Community & Professional
- Birmingham Bar Association
Spencer has played an integral role, either as primary deal counsel or as a lead associate, in the following transactions:
M&A in the Aerospace, Defense, and Technology Industry
- Represented Global K9 Protection Group, LLC, a leading cargo screening solutions provider, in the sale of its equity to Inoa Ventures Management.
- Represented Manufacturing Technical Solutions, Inc., a NASA engineering and logistics contractor, in the sale of its stock to Aeyon, a portfolio company of Enlightenment Capital.
- Represented Sigma Defense Systems, a provider of airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, in the sale of its stock to a portfolio company of Sagewind Capital.
- Represented Innovation Integration, Inc. (“i3”) in the sale of its hypersonics portfolio to Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT).
- Represented Dynamic Concepts, Inc., a provider of human spaceflight engineering and software services, in the sale of its stock to a portfolio company of Sagewind Capital.
- Represented QuantiTech, a provider of technical engineering services to national defense agencies, in the sale of its stock to Sagewind Capital.
- Represented Cole Engineering Services, Inc., a military training and analysis service provider, in its merger with a portfolio company of Sagewind Capital.
- Represented Aegis Technologies Group, a provider of space superiority, directed energy, missile defense, and intelligence solutions, in the sale of its stock to Arlington Capital Partners.
- Represented an Alabama-based engineering services company in its acquisition of an engineering support company.
- Represented Diamond Fortress Technologies in the sale of its assets to Telos Corporation (NASDAQ: TLS).
M&A in Other Industry Groups
- Represented IER Electrical Equipment & Controls, a Texas-based electrical manufacturer, in its sale to Chicago Switchboard.
- Represented a Missouri-based trucking and warehousing business in the sale of its stock and related real estate.
- Represented Floors 2000, Inc., a Florida-based designer and supplier of tile flooring, in its sale to a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital.
- Represented an Alabama-based short-term lending enterprise in the sale of over 200 retail store locations.
- Represented Southern Traffic Services, a Florida-based traffic data and analysis company, in its sale to Rekor Systems (NASDAQ: REKR).
- Represented Wittichen Supply Company, a national HVAC parts distributor, in the sale of its stock to Gryphon Investors.
- Represented a concert production company in the sale of its stock to a portfolio company of Waterland Private Equity.
- Represented Trackhouse Racing in its acquisition of Chip Ganassi Racing and its related NASCAR assets.
- Represented a private equity group in the sale of a majority interest of its portfolio company in the telecommunications space.
- Represented an Alabama-based cybersecurity firm in its sale of equity to minority investors.
- Represented a national concert production company in the acquisition of the assets of a ticketing software company.
- Represented a broadband provider in the acquisition of fiber network assets from an Alabama municipality.
- Represented an Alabama-based automobile dealer in the sale of its dealerships and related assets.
- Represented investors in the acquisition of a Mississippi-based furniture manufacturing company and related real estate.
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Corporate Law (2023-present), Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers & Acquisitions (2024)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama, Tennessee