Robert D. Lyerly Jr. practices in the firm’s Corporate and Tax Practice Groups. He advises clients on matters primarily related to Federal taxation, international taxation, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, wealth transfer, and succession planning for businesses and exempt organizations. He holds a CPA license and is also a Personal Financial Specialist, a designation awarded in Personal Finance Planning by the American Institute of CPAs. He also holds an accredited Investment Fiduciary Designation.
Robert earned his A.B. Accounting degree, valedictorian, from Pfeiffer University and his M.B.A. and law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Charlotte and worked there for more than 20 years.
Community & Professional
- American Institute of CPAs
- North Carolina Association of CPAs
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Charlotte Estate Planning Council, Past President
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Robert and his wife, Sandy, live just south of Charlotte in Union County in the Fairview community. They have three adult children and enjoy spending time with their children.
Robert currently serves as a Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, Life Group Leader and Chairman of the Finance Committee at Charlotte’s First Baptist Church. He is also involved in other charitable and community organizations in the Charlotte area.
Robert enjoys all sporting events and activities. He participates in the shooting sports. Robert has been involved in coaching youth baseball and basketball recreational teams. He also served as a coach of the Charlotte Heat, a youth travel baseball team that competed at the National Level in AAU baseball tournaments for a number of years.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) - awarded designation in Personal Financial Planning
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary designation
- 01.03.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee
- United States Tax Court