Maggie is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Public Company Advisory and Securities Regulation and Corporate Finance practice groups.
She represents both private and publicly held companies in securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions and counsels public companies on a broad range of governance and compliance matters. Designated as a Certified Corporate Governance Professional® (CCGP) by the Society for Corporate Governance and the CCGP Commission, Maggie is distinguished as a leader in the area of corporate governance, an essential part of a company’s success, reputation, and stability.
Maggie chairs Maynard Nexsen’s ESG Advisory Group, which counsels public and private companies on environmental, social and governance (ESG) compliance and disclosure issues, and assists companies of all sizes and in all industries with ESG program development and implementation. Our ESG Advisory Group recognizes that companies confront different ESG issues and are in varying stages with respect to developing their ESG programs, and we provide tailored, balanced and practical advice.
Additionally, Maggie regularly assists publicly held companies with insider ownership reporting and annual, quarterly, and current reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. She also counsels both new and established public companies regarding their public reporting obligations and other issues related to their public company status, including compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and NYSE and NASDAQ listing standards.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum (2017)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum (2013)
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama, Junior Board Chair (2016-2017), Junior Board Co-Chair (2013-2015)
- Birmingham MS Leadership Class (2015)
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in its $2.3 billion acquisition by a leading national health services company
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in two underwritten secondary offerings of over $400 million in common stock
- Represented a NYSE-listed healthcare company in an A/B exchange offer of an aggregate of $700 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company in a Rule 144A offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Represented a registered bank holding company in its underwritten initial public offering of common stock and listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market
- Represented a NYSE-listed insurance holding company in underwritten public offerings of $125 million aggregate principal amount of junior subordinated debentures and $300 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Securities/Capital Markets Law (2020 - present)
- Birmingham Business Journal's "Rising Stars in Law" (2018)
- Take It Easy: The SEC Proposes Reforms to its Disclosure Requirements for Business Acquisitions and DisposalsBlog, 06.17.2019
- Blog, 09.12.2018
- Blog, 12.19.2017
- SEC APPROVES NEW PCAOB AUDIT STANDARD CALLING FOR SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE FORM OF AUDITOR’S REPORTBlog, 11.16.2017
- Blog, 10.23.2017
- Blog, 09.26.2017
- State Bar: Alabama