Lana Freeman has extensive insurance regulatory and transactional experience, advising clients nationwide on a wide variety of compliance and corporate structuring issues. She advises clients on insurance and regulatory matters, including all aspects of licensing, contract review, administrative processes, regulatory filings, company formations, admissions, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions of regulated entities.
Before entering private practice, Lana was General Counsel to the Texas Senate Committee on State Affairs, where she was responsible for policy matters affecting regulated entities. She understands the needs of all sides of the regulatory dynamic and bridges the information and communications gap between private companies and regulators to provide optimal outcomes for her clients.
Community & Professional
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Regular attendance at NAIC national meetings
- Friends of the House, Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Counsels insurance companies, managing general agents, third party administrators, and other insurance-adjacent entities on a wide range of corporate, licensing, and regulatory matters.
- Handles complex transactions for her clients and assists clients with the regulatory filings associated with corporate formations, conversions, reorganizations, re-domestications, expansions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Assists clients with corporate governance and holding company issues and related filings.
- Manages large multi-state licensing projects for numerous insurers, including surplus lines, life, accident, health, property and casualty, and title insurance companies.
- Provides counsel, project planning and management, negotiation and drafting of forms and documents, preparation of regulatory filings, including filing and obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Counsels clients on program business, and related contracts, product development and form/rate filings.
- Advises clients on policy and legal issues before state insurance regulators, including the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
- Manages large multi-state research projects for clients regarding insurance regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assists in formations and conversions of captive insurance companies
- The Best Lawyers in America©: "Ones to Watch" Insurance Law (2021-2022)
- Austin Monthly’s: “Top Attorneys List” Insurance (2022)
- State Bar: Texas