John Davidson practices in the Firm’s Construction Practice Group.
John likes seeing construction projects get done right. He spends most of his time writing contracts and working with clients throughout the construction process to make that happen.
John regularly represents clients in the many phases of a construction project – from initial discussions to contract negotiation and drafting, through actual construction, and project close out. He also represents any parties involved in defect claims, payment disputes, and mechanics lien and bond claims.
Throughout his career, John has been involved in many hospital, nursing home, assisted living, condominium, apartment, retail, industrial, and private residential projects. The total value of these projects easily exceed $500,000,000.
John is ready to help you with your project.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar
- ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Vice President, Forest Lake Elementary Education Foundation
Outside Maynard Nexsen
"When not at my desk, I am usually at a baseball field or Boy Scout function with one of our three sons. I’m in my 11th (at least) year of coaching rec league and travel baseball. Construction law is fun, but nothing beats helping a kid learn to hit or throw."
- Columbia Business Monthly's Legal Elite, 2022-2023
- Best Lawyers in America© for Construction Law; Litigation - Construction, 2024
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Chair of the Construction Law Section of the S.C. Bar, 2008-2009
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2001
- FLE Educational Foundation, President 2011-present; Vice President 2008-2011
- "Construction Law Alert: Later is Never the Right Time to Check Your Insurance" John Davidson discusses the importance of having the appropriate insurance coverage for your construction project.
- "SC Supreme Court Finds Insurance Coverage in Construction Defect Case" The S.C. Supreme Court has clarified the issue of CGL coverage for damages associated with construction defects in a way that should prove helpful to contractors and owners.
- "Construction Law Alert Time to Check Your Insurance
- "The Times They Are A Changin': Legal And Market Trends In The Insurance Industry" John Davidson examines trends within the insurance industry, including attempts by insurance carriers to limit or eliminate their exposure in this article published in South Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
- "CLIENT ALERT: 2005 Amendment Reduces Risks Associated with Redeveloping Brownfields" The South Carolina Brownfields Voluntary Cleanup Program now provides additional liability protection for developers of contaminated lands.
- Will the new ergonomics standard effect your business?
- 08.17.2021 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: South Carolina