Fred Kingsmore, Jr. has devoted his career to helping businesses and individuals keep more of the money they earn. He is focused on assuring that clients receive high-quality and timely service.
The South Carolina Supreme Court has Certified Freddie as a Specialist in the areas of Tax Law, Estate Planning, and Probate Law, and he has served on the South Carolina Taxation Law Specialty Advisory Board.
The majority of his law practice is related to business succession planning, family wealth transfer and estate planning, and administration of complex probate estates, but he also regularly provides advice and counsel relating to controversies with local, state, and federal tax authorities as well as corporate tax issues such as mergers and acquisitions.
Freddie received an LL.M. degree in taxation from New York University, his undergraduate degree in accounting from the University of South Carolina, and his Juris Doctor from the University’s Law School, where he served as Editor in Chief of the South Carolina Law Review.
Community & Professional
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
South Carolina Bar
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Freddie loves baseball, especially when it comes to watching the South Carolina Gamecocks play at Carolina Stadium. And Omaha! He donates his time and efforts to organizations that promote baseball opportunities to community youth. Freddie is active in his church and community and has served on the boards of several local charitable foundations.
- Certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court as a Specialist in the areas of Tax Law, Estate Planning and Probate Law
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Fellow
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law & Trusts and Estates, Since 2003
- South Carolina Taxation Law - Specialty Advisory Board 1996-1998
- "Legal Elite of the Midlands" - Tax Law, 2012
- Included in the South Carolina Super Lawyers list for Tax, Estate Planning & Probate, Estate & Trust Litigation 2013, 2014, 2017-2018
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Private Wealth Law in 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Contributing author of "Estate Planning in South Carolina," South Carolina Bar, CLE Division (2002)
- 04.28.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 08.18.2022 | Firm News
- State Bar: South Carolina
- U.S. District Court: South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Fourth Circuit
- United States Tax Court