Drew Kitchen is licensed to practice in Tennessee, California, Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama, and is currently based in the Firm’s Nashville, Tennessee office where he serves as that office’s Managing Partner. Drew also founded the San Francisco office of Maynard Nexsen in 2014, and served as its Managing Partner from 2014-2019. A strategic business developer, Drew focuses on identifying and cultivating opportunities to deploy various Firm practice groups across a variety of industry sectors.
While practicing in California, Drew was recognized as one of California's Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers, one of the Top 20 Lawyers in Northern California, and was a recipient of the M&A Advisor's Emerging Leaders awards. Other recognition for his legal work includes being named as one of 335 BTI Client Service All-Stars by the legal departments of Fortune 500 companies.
Trained originally as a litigator, from 2003 – 2008, Drew handled over three dozen lawsuits resulting in victorious results for Firm clients. Drew’s practice today largely involves the representation of investment sponsors, with a specific focus on matters affecting their portfolio companies, as well as the representation of real estate developers, investors and sponsors in their Tennessee-based projects. Drew advises clients on a wide range of matters including M&A, private financings, debt offerings, and also serves as legal advisor to Grammy-award-winning artists, high-net-worth individuals, family offices, golf course owners and operators, hospitality companies, professional sports league owners and ownership groups, and pro athletes.
Drew holds degrees from Georgetown University Law Center (LLM), the University of Georgia School of Law (JD), and the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia (BBA).
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi State Bar Associations
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Board Member, U.S. Women's Open, 2016
- Committee Member, Olympic Club Foundation
- Member, Sandy's Circle, First Tee of San Francisco
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Alabama Board of Directors & Young Professional Leadership Committee, Chair, 2007
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club
- Member, Kiwanis Club
- Former Board Member, Alabama Ballet
- Former Board Member, Robert E. Reed Foundation
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Former Nominations Committee
- State Bar: Alabama, California, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee
- U.S. District Court: Georgia (Northern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit