Ann is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Public Finance and Economic Development & Incentives Groups. She regularly serves as bond counsel and disclosure counsel to municipalities, counties, boards of education, utilities, public corporations, and state authorities in taxable and tax-exempt transactions throughout Alabama. She also represents regional and national financial institutions, underwriters, and trustees in public and private transactions involving governments, nonprofits, and healthcare entities.
Ann frequently represents city and county boards of education, educational building authorities, and public and private universities on tax, securities, and financing matters. Her experience in the education sector also involves securitization transactions, equipment financings and local tax elections.
Ann also serves as special counsel to government, nonprofit, and private entities in the negotiation, structuring, documentation and validation of economic development projects. Her work involves revenue-sharing arrangements, tax-increment financings, HUD program loans and formation of improvement and cooperative districts for commercial and residential development.
Ann is a founding director and current Secretary of the Alabama Chapter of Women in Public Finance and a graduate of the Alabama Leadership Initiative. She received her J.D. from Vanderbilt Law School and holds a B.A. in classics from Davidson College.
Community & Professional
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance
- Alabama Leadership Initiative, Class of 2019-2020
- The Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- YWCA of Central Alabama, Junior Board Member
- First Light Women’s Shelter, Young Partners Board Member
- Workshops, Inc., Junior Board Member, 2017 Secretary
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Municipal Law, Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, Tax Law (2021-present)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama