UPIC Revolution: CMS Integrity Auditors 2.0
Overview of Presentation:
- Review the purpose and objectives of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Unified Program Integrity Contractor (UPIC)
- Understanding the UPIC implementation
- Understanding the focus of the UPIC program
- Learning UPIC auditors' tactics and operations
- Learning the fundamentals of audit defense and basic legal rights in audit defense
Stephen Bittinger, Esq. is a Member of Nexsen Pruet based in Charleston, South Carolina. Stephen is admitted in North Carolina, Ohio and the District of Columbia. He is not licensed to practice law in South Carolina. Stephen has a unique, national practice in health care reimbursement defense and litigation.
About Maynard Nexsen
Maynard Nexsen is a full-service law ﬁrm with more than 550 attorneys in 23 offices from coast to coast across the United States. Maynard Nexsen formed in 2023 when two successful, client-centered firms combined to form a powerful national team. Maynard Nexsen’s list of clients spans a wide range of industry sectors and includes both public and private companies.
Chief Marketing Officer