Graham Burgess’ practice concentrates on commercial lending, real estate lending, secured transactions, loan restructuring, and real estate construction and development. His clients include traditional and non-traditional lenders, private equity investors, and commercial borrowers whom he advises in the areas of commercial loan procurement, restructuring, and workouts.
Graham regularly provides guidance to clients on matters concerning the purchase and sale of both established and undeveloped properties. He assists in transactions involving commercial landlords and tenants, negotiating office, retail, and ground leases. He also offers counsel on various aspects such as contractual obligations, forming entities, reorganizing equity, and dissolution.
- Lead counsel to regional developer in the site acquisition and development of a $93 million multifamily project in a mixed-use development in downtown Huntsville, Alabama.
- Lead counsel to developer in acquisition and development of a $200 million, 2,000-room hospitality project in Orlando, FL.
- Lead counsel to developer in acquisition and development of mortgage and mezzanine-financed hospitality projects in Charlotte, NC; Brentwood, TN; and Destin, FL.
- Lead counsel for development of 200,000-sq.-ft. adaptive-reuse project for retail, restaurant, office, and entertainment spaces.
- Lead counsel to developer in acquisition and development of Hilton Curio in downtown Huntsville, AL.
- Lead counsel to developer in acquisition and development of 215,000-sq.-ft. adaptive reuse project for office, retail, and restaurant spaces.
- Lead counsel to lender in an $18 million construction loan of Marriot AC Hotel.
- Local counsel and title agent to developer of a $100 million multi-family living and office development in Huntsville, AL.
- Served as lead counsel for the developer in public-private project for converting a municipal parking garage into a retail facility.
- Served as lead counsel to lender in a $25 million mixed-use (retail, multifamily, and hospitality) project.
- Served as lead counsel to lender in construction of a $24 million outpatient surgery and medical office facility.
- Represented lender in $6 million workout.
- Rated BV by the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory. A BV rating indicates that a lawyer’s peers rank him at a distinguished level of professional excellence.
- Named a Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com for 2011, 2017, 2018, and 2019 in the areas of banking, real estate, and business and corporate law.
- 07.10.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama