Todd represents US and international clients across a wide variety of industries, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions.
Todd also serves on the firm's international team where he assists companies from Germany and other countries:
- Acquire US companies
- Establish new facilities in the US
- Expand existing facilities and operations in the US
Todd’s practice also includes:
- Buyer and seller representations in business acquisitions in the US
- Negotiating and obtaining economic development incentives for clients establishing new facilities or expanding current facilities in the US
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiation
- Commercial real estate development/joint ventures
- Shareholder/Member buy-outs and succession planning
Outside of Maynard Nexsen, Todd is actively engaged in various civic and professional initiatives and has served in leadership and advisory positions for many community and charitable organizations.
Community & Professional
- Fellow, Riley Institute at Furman’s Diversity Leaders Initiative
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Zeitgeist Foundation
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Although Todd fancies himself to be a comedian, rarely do his clients get to see that side of him (and those that do, probably don't think he is very funny). Todd and his wife, Joy, love to travel and experience other cultures and learn new ways of thinking. They often try to learn new languages prior to their trips, but this has been quite a challenge for Todd. In fact, he believes that his best chance to succeed in comedy would be to move to Germany because every time he speaks German everyone starts laughing hysterically.
- Recognized by TALK Greenville Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2022-2023
- Certified Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management Yellow Belt
- Greenville Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Upstate, 2019, 2022, 2023 in Corporate Law
- Greenville Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Upstate, 2018, 2022, 2023 in Mergers & Acquisitions; Government
- 08.17.2021 | News from Maynard Nexsen
Nexsen Pruet Attorney Todd Davidson shares insight on helping clients navigate legal issues throughout the U.S. and abroad. The firm has helped many companies all over the world establish new business and expand their operations to successfully grow their American footprint.
Nexsen Pruet attorneys and GreerWalker CPAs discuss steps all business owners should take to increase the ROI on the sale of their business. The program focuses on ways to increase the purchase price for your businesses, as well as provides insights on lowering your costs (and shortening the time it takes to close the sale of your business), which can have a dramatic effect on your net return.
- State Bar: South Carolina
- U.S. District Court: South Carolina