Tae is an Associate in Maynard Nexsen’s Securities Regulation & Corporate Finance Practice. He focuses his practice on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity, and finance. His experience includes working on both the buy-side and sale sides of corporate transactions, early-stage financing, and counseling clients on corporate matters.
Prior to joining Maynard, Tae worked at a national firm in Atlanta, at Morgan Stanley in Northeast Asia, and served as an Interpretation Officer at US-Korea Joint Staff Security Talks.
Tae obtained his B.A. in Economics from Duke University and his J.D. from Emory University School of Law. While at Emory, Tae was involved with Emory Business and Finance Society and the Asian American Law Student Association. Tae speaks fluent Korean and conversational French.
- Assisted in representation of a software business in a $30M sale to a private equity-backed platform software developer.
- Assisted in representation of a national restaurant operator in a $25M refinancing transaction.
- Assisted in representation of a chemical company in a $23M acquisition.
- Assisted in representation of a global professional services firm in a $200M restructuring transaction.
- Advised on design-builder agreement involving a major electronics company to build a $250M appliance factory.
- Drafted a membership purchase agreement for the acquisition of a healthcare business at approximately $280K.
- Drafted an asset purchase agreement for the acquisition of a packaging business at approximately $10M.
- Assisted in the stock sale of a global manufacturer valued at approximately $130M.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022-present)
- The Army Commendation Medal (U.S. Department of the Army)
- State Bar: Alabama, Georgia, New York
- Supreme Court of Georgia