Shannon M. (Walsh) Cazzavillan assists business and property owners with their specific transactional needs while focusing on the client's overall goals.
Shannon regularly advises and represents clients in various transactional matters related to commercial real estate such as acquisitions, dispositions, commercial leasing (including commercial, retail, and industrial), development, and hospitality. Shannon represents borrowers and lenders in real estate financing transactions, including construction loans and mezzanine financing, and provides local counsel opinion letters. She also advises clients on letters of intent, easement agreements, property diligence reviews, and general contracts.
In addition to being admitted to practice before all Alabama courts, Shannon is recognized to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. She has an AV rating from The Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, which indicates a lawyer’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Represented a developer in acquisition and development of $200-million, 2,000-room hospitality project in Orlando, FL.
- Represented a developer in acquisition and development of mortgage and mezzanine financed hospitality projects in Charlotte, NC; Brentwood, TN; and Destin, FL
- Represented a borrower in a $117 million loan secured by over 90 properties.
- Represented a buyer in the purchase of over $60 million in real estate.
- Managed real estate due diligence and documentation for a major corporate merger involving the acquisition of 129 locations across 30 states.
- Managed real estate due diligence and documentation for a major corporate merger involving the acquisition of 136 locations across 37 states.
- State Bar: Alabama
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern)