Ryan is a member of Maynard Nexsen’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice. He assists creditors, debtors, trustees, receivers, creditors’ committees, and various other entities in a wide range of commercial disputes and workout efforts, both within and outside of the context of bankruptcy.
Ryan devotes a significant amount of his practice to representing clients in distressed mergers and acquisitions, general commercial litigation, landlord/tenant disputes, bankruptcy avoidance litigation, receivership proceedings, UCC transactions, and all aspects of the bankruptcy process. He has extensive experience representing clients in the banking, public finance, healthcare, educational, and retail industries, among others.
As a result of his achievements, Ryan has been recognized in the area of Bankruptcy and Restructuring by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Guide for Businesses. He is also listed as one of the Mid-South’s Rising Stars by Super Lawyers for Bankruptcy: Business and as a “Ones to Watch” in the area of Bankruptcy, Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law by Best Lawyers in America.
Upon graduation from law school, Ryan completed a two-year clerkship for the Honorable Tamara O. Mitchell in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Southern Division.
- Chambers USA: Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2022 - present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2021-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Bankruptcy: Business (2016 - Present)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama, Georgia
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), Georgia (Northern, Middle)
- Tamara O. Mitchell
United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Southern Division