Ron has extensive experience in corporate and closely held business planning, estate planning and probate, and various state and local taxation issues. He also advises clients with respect to commercial transactions and related financing issues. Ron assists clients with various administrative law issues, including issues before the Internal Revenue Service and the Maritime Administration. He also advises clients concerning the establishment of capital construction funds with the Maritime Administration, particularly with respect to vessels supporting the offshore oil industry in the Gulf of Mexico, and with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for fishing vessels.
Ron is a Member of the Mobile Estate Planning Council, and has been a frequent lecturer at tax, estate planning, and state and local taxation seminars. He has participated in numerous state and local bar committees, including serving as the 2005 Chairman of the Mobile Bar Association’s Probate Section. He served on the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce Committee that sought and received State of Alabama sales tax exemptions for various waterfront businesses in the South Alabama area. Ron is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Banking and Finance Law. He is a Member of the Mobile Bar Association and the American Bar Association (Sections of Taxation and Law Practice Management), and the Alabama State Bar (Taxation Section). Ron is active in the Alabama State Bar Tax Section, and has served as its Chair.
Ron has served as Chairman of the Administrative Board and Chairman of the Finance Committee of Christ United Methodist Church. He has also served as Director of the Mobile Inner City Mission and the Wesley Foundation for the University of South Alabama. Ron has also served as the Director and President of the Family Counseling Center, a local United Way agency. Ron is a Member of the Mobile Kiwanis Club, and served as its President in 1999-2000 and as Lieutenant Governor of Division 14 in 2004-2005. He is currently a Member of the Gift Planning Council for the University of South Alabama.
Community & Professional
- Mobile Estate Planning Council
- Mobile Bar Association – Probate Section, Chair (2005)
- American Bar Association – Taxation Section; Law Practice Management Section
- Alabama State Bar – Tax Section, Past Chair
- University of South Alabama Gift Council
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mobile Kiwanis Club, President (1999-2000)
- Christ United Methodist Church – Administrative Board, Past Chair; Finance Committee, Past Chair
- Mobile Inner City Mission
- University of South Alabama Wesley Foundation, Past Chair
- United Way Family Counseling Center, Past President
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law (1995-present)
- Blog, 04.20.2018
- State Bar: Alabama