Neal Robbins brings over decade of legal experience to the firm's Economic Development Group in North Carolina. He served as the Director of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs for the State of North Carolina's Department of Environment and Natural Resources from 2013-2015. Previously, he held the role of Policy Advisor for Environment and Information Technology for the Governor Elect.
He practiced in the Triad area for more than six years, including three at his firm Robbins Law, where his work included the following:
- Represented buyers and sellers in acquisition transactions
- Represented debtors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Represented banks and commercial lenders in North Carolina foreclosure cases
- Advised clients and trade organizations on pending legislation and regulatory changes
- Represented business interests in civil litigation
- Represented political campaigns and political action committees
Robbins has previously clerked for the United States Senate (Subcommittees on Bioterrorism and Public Health Preparedness). He was also a clerk for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Community & Professional
- NCSU Park Scholarship Advisory Committee
- NCSU Park Scholarship Selection Committee
- Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies, State Steering Committee
- Miss North Carolina Scholarship Pageant, General Counsel and Director
- Wake Forest University School of Law Rose Council, Chair
- Wake Forest University School of Law Young Alumni Board, Co-Chair
- Trees NC, Board of Directors
- Wake Forest University School of Law – Moot Court, Judge
- Asheboro Rotary Club
- Randolph Hospital Foundation – Vintage en Vogue – 2015 Participant
- Randolph Community College Foundation – Dancing with the Stars – 2013 Winner
- North Carolina Governor’s School Foundation, Board of Directors
- Randolph County Dancing with the Stars, 2013 Winner
- NCSU Young Alumni Council
- Park Alumni Society, Founding President
- NCSU Caldwell Fellows Selection Committee
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Neal founded North State Media LLC and is the publisher of the North State Journal, North Carolina's first and only statewide newspaper. His management of the newspaper and media company includes five digital and one print publication. He advises reporters and editors on legal issues, and negotiates contracts with national and international vendors.
- 2018 40 Under 40 - Triangle Business Journal magazine
- 2016 Legal Elite – Business Law – Business North Carolina magazine
- 2011 – 2013 Legal Elite – Young Gun – Business North Carolina magazine
- 2010 – 2012 Rising Star: Business Law – Super Lawyers magazine
- NC State Alumni Association New Volunteer of the Year, 2002
Sherry L. Jarrell, Neal Robbins, Gary Shoesmith, Brendan Fox, Economic Development Incentives and the Legal and Economic Issues on Open versus Sealed Bids. 7 S.C. J. INT'L L. & BUS. 227 (2011).
Sherry L. Jarrell, Gary Shoesmith, and J. Neal Robbins, Law and Economics of Regulating Local Economic Development Incentives, 41 WAKE FOREST L. REV. 805 (2006).
Jeremie McGowan and Neal Robbins, The Myth of North Carolina Ceramics: North Carolina Art Pottery, 15 J. AM. ART POTTERY ASS'N 2 (1999).
- State Bar: North Carolina (All State & Federal Courts)
- United States Supreme Court