Mike is a Shareholder and focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions. He regularly advises companies and funds of all types and sizes in complex transactions, with an emphasis on middle-market, private-company transactions. In particular, he works with portfolio companies of private equity funds to develop and execute comprehensive bolt-on acquisition strategies.
Mike’s transaction experience encompasses a broad range of industries. In the healthcare space, he frequently represents both private equity funds, on the buy-side, and physician practice groups, on the sell-side, in roll-up transactions. In insurance, he served as lead counsel in over 15 transactions that helped a strategic acquirer create one of the largest third-party administrators in the United States. He also counsels numerous technology and SaaS companies on acquisition and disposition strategies.
Mike graduated from the University of Georgia, cum laude, in 2012 and from Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, in 2015, where he served as the Managing Editor of the Washington and Lee Law Review. Mike was named a Rising Star in Mergers and Acquisitions by SuperLawyers, and he is recognized by Best Lawyers as "One to Watch" in the area of Corporate Law.
- Counsel to Priority Technology Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PRTH) in expansive acquisition and disposition strategy, including the sale of its rent payment and real estate technology division to MRI Software.
- Counsel to Nassau Financial Group, a Hartford, CT-based financial services company with assets of more than $27 billion, in its strategic minority investment in Balance Point Capital Partners.
- Counsel to Transplace Logistics, the premier provider of logistics technology and services, in multiple bolt-on acquisitions, including its acquisition of Yusen Logistics (2018), Leancor (2020), Scandata (2020), and Lanehub (2020).
- Counsel to a private health insurance company in more than 15 acquisitions culminating in the creation of one of the largest third-party administrators in the United States.
- Counsel to Fairbanks Morse Defense, a portfolio company of Arcline Investment Management, in its acquisitions of Fluid Filtration Services, a leader in flushing and filtration services for marine vessels, and Maxim Watermakers, a private provider of desalination and water treatment technologies for marine defense applications.
- Counsel to Ligon Capital in its acquisition of Alcast Company, Aluminum Castings Co., and Voss Pattern for more than $50 million.
- Counsel to CHS Inc. (NASDAQ: CHSCP, CHSCO, CHSCN, CHSCM, CHSCL) in the sale of CHS Insurance Services to USI Insurance Services.
- Counsel to Electra Information Systems, a leading provider of post-trading reconciliation and settlement services, in its sale to Gresham Technologies, a publicly-listed company in the U.K.
- Counsel to Cavalier Senior Living in simultaneous acquisition of 10 senior living facilities located throughout Alabama.
- Counsel to Alabama-based bank for $40 million merger with Tennessee-based bank and $23 million merger with Mississippi-based bank.
- U.S. counsel to national real estate development company for $150 million public offering of bonds on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law (2021-present)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama