Mary Busse is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses in the areas of securities law, corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, and other business transactions. She also has experience working with private equity firms and their portfolio companies on their strategic ventures. Her experience crosses several industries with a particular concentration in the energy, oil and gas, and technology sectors.
In the securities arena, Mary has been involved in transactions involving multi-million-dollar offerings of senior notes.
Mary earned her J.D. at the University of Michigan Law School, and she holds a B.S., summa cum laude, in Biology from Lourdes University.
Community & Professional
- Texas State Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Assisted a Canadian energy corporation in its acquisition of an independent oil and gas company
- Advised a publicly traded alternative investment management company in its leveraged buyout of a majority investment in an environmental engineering and design consulting firm
- Advised a large petroleum refinery company in its $1.4 billion debt exchange
- Assisted a provider of water, infrastructures, and power generation solutions company, a portfolio company of a California-based private equity investment firm, in its sale of one of its technology platforms to a chemical company
- Advised a publicly traded natural gas and liquids company operating in the Appalachian Basin in its $750 million offering of senior notes
- Assisted a global investment firm and one of its energy portfolio companies in a merger with an oil and gas company with offshore and onshore properties
- State Bar: Texas
- *Mary is currently not licensed in TN