Kevin is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Banking & Finance Practice. He has broad experience defending financial institutions against claims of fraud, unfair sales or business practices, breach of fiduciary duty, lender liability, and complex contract disputes in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels across the country. Kevin has substantial experience managing regulatory matters and investigations, dealing with representatives of the Federal Reserve, Alabama State Banking Department, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and Justice Department in both routine matters and special investigations. Kevin has also assisted with client response to civil and criminal subpoenas.
Prior to returning to private practice, Kevin served as Head of Litigation for a Fortune 500 Bank, managing and directing litigation for one of the nation’s largest providers of consumer and commercial banking, trust, securities, brokerage, mortgage, and insurance products and services in 15 states, with 1500 banking offices, and 20,000 associates. Kevin advised the General Counsel on corporate governance matters, including shareholder derivative lawsuits and special litigation committees. He directed federal and state regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, civil litigation, and arbitration proceedings.
As a carrier-based A-6 Intruder pilot in the U.S. Navy, Kevin flew 42 combat missions in the Gulf War over Iraq. He logged 1250 total flight hours and 275 carrier landings. As Squadron Legal Officer, he managed non-judicial punishment and assisted with courts-martial.
Community & Professional
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Naval Academy Alumni Association - Alabama Chapter, Trustee, former President
- Edgewood Presbyterian Church, Elder
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants and Banking and Finance Law (2023 - present)
- State Bar: Alabama
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit
- Honorable Seybourn H. Lynne - United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama