John Bruton is a business lawyer, focusing his practice in the areas of corporate law, securities, commercial real estate, and renewable energy development.
John's experience includes matters involving:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Real estate transactions
- Renewable energy development
- Corporate and real estate finance
- Business transactions
John earned his law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina School of Law. In law school, he served as a senior board member on the South Carolina Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe, and the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court.
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Outside of the office, John enjoys playing golf with family and friends. John also enjoys running, fishing, reading, and supporting USC athletics.
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law for (2021-present)
- Columbia Business Magazine's "Legal Elite of the Midlands", 2016 and 2019
- Leadership Columbia Class of 2020
- Riley Institute Diversity Fellow
John authored The Rise and Fall of Crossmann: The South Carolina Supreme Court’s Double Take on Whether a CGL Insurance Policy Covers Progressive Property Damage Resulting From Faulty Workmanship, 63 S.C. L. Rev. 887 (2012).
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 08.18.2022 | Firm News
- 08.24.2021 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 01.01.2021 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 09.24.2020 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- 08.15.2019 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: South Carolina