As an associate in the Firm’s Real Estate Practice, Jim represents buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers throughout the U.S. in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing of commercial real estate across various asset classes. Jim also advises real estate and developer clients who are involved in significant acquisitions and construction projects. Thus, Jim regularly represents both borrowers and lenders in secured transactions, including mortgage and construction financing.
Jim received his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, where he served as senior editor of the Alabama Law Review and was a member of the Campbell Moot Court Board. He earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Alabama.
Community & Professional
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Coastal Conservation Association, Jr. Board Member
- Freshwater Land Trust, Jr. Board Member
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Banking and Finance Law, Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law (2024)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama