Marshall Gardner’s practice is devoted almost exclusively to civil litigation matters. His practice has historically focused on products liability, admiralty and maritime, defense of financial institutions, and professional liability. Products liability cases defended by Marshall include aviation accidents, offshore oil rig collapses, and structural failures of commercial buildings. Marshall also has litigation experience in cases involving maritime lien priorities, cargo damage claims, vessel construction defects, and defense of personal injury claims.
Marshall represents major banking and financial institutions in a broad range of lender liability cases, professional liability, as well as directors and officers, and error and omissions actions.
Marshall's skills and reputation as a lawyer are widely recognized. He is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Litigation: Banking & Finance, and he was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" for Banking & Finance Litigation in Mobile, a distinction given to only one attorney in each geographic area.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Section on Litigation
- Defense Research Institute
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation: Banking and Finance (2013 - present)
- Best Lawyers® 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation: Banking and Finance in Mobile
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
- Hugo L. Black Scholar
- The Order of the Coif
- State Bar: Alabama
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
- U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit