David regularly litigates throughout the country and his practice emphasizes creative and strategic approaches to complex litigation, contracts, and governmental relations. Licensed in North and South Carolina, he helps businesses, individuals, and governmental organizations anticipate, avoid, and resolve disputes.
David has been recognized as One to Watch by The Best Lawyers in America®, as “Legal Elite of the Upstate” by Greenville Business Magazine, and as a top lawyer by TALK Greenville Magazine. He graduated cum laude from the Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, where he was a Senior Editor on the Washington University Law Review. David studied business and Spanish at Florida Southern College, graduating magna cum laude as the top student in his major.
As a litigator:
- Managed or participated in cases in California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Represented local, national, and international clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings through the American Arbitration Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.
- Resolved high-value disputes in healthcare, data security, product liability, business torts, contracts, premises liability, and intellectual property.
As an advisor:
- Coordinated and presented renewable energy rezoning projects to local governments.
- Counseled municipal governments and private parties on the Freedom of Information Act.
- Drafted and revised contracts, employee handbooks, and other corporate documents.
- Trained clients on best practices in human resources and risk management.
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation (2022–2024), Government Relations Practice (2021–2024)
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate," Business Litigation (2020), Energy and Utilities (2021–2023)
- TALK Greenville Magazine, Top Lawyers, Civil Litigation (2022, 2023)
- S.C. Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll (2019)
- N.C. Pro Bono Honor Society (2019)
- Star of the Quarter, SC Bar Young Lawyers Division (Nov. 2016)
- 09.19.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: North Carolina, South Carolina
- U.S. District Court: North Carolina (Eastern, Middle, Western), South Carolina