Chris is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Trusts, Estates, Fiduciaries & Family Business practice group, as well as a member of related practice teams, including the Tax group. His practice focuses primarily on estate and business planning, corporate and partnership taxation and general corporate matters.
Chris has worked on a number of transactions for a wide variety of startup businesses, existing businesses, and family-owned businesses. He has also advised clients on various structuring, financing, and corporate governance matters. Chris also regularly assists both start-up and existing non-profit organizations with a variety of issues.
His tax practice is primarily devoted to estate and gift taxation, corporate taxation and partnership taxation, as well as matters related to low-income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Chris holds a J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law. He earned his B.Acy., magna cum laude, from the University of Mississippi and received an LL.M. in Taxation with distinction from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Business and Tax Sections
- UAH Planned Giving Advisory Board Member
- Huntsville/Madison County Bar Association
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Huntsville, Current President
- Agape Prison Ministries, Board Member
- Habitat for Humanity of Huntsville/Madison County, Past Board Member
- Leadership Huntsville/Madison County, Class 10
- State Bar: Alabama