Andy’s practice is concentrated in commercial and real estate litigation, contracts, and banking.
Prior to joining Maynard, Andy was in-house counsel, working with a Fortune 500 company where Andy managed and resolved litigation matters across the country, and working with a large financial institution as general counsel. Andy also spent nine years in private practice with a Central Florida law firm, helping clients with a variety of commercial litigation and contract matters.
Andy received his B.S. in history from the University of Central Florida. He received his J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- Actively participated in and directed negotiations on vendor contracts for a large financial institution
- Delivered legal counsel and advice regarding regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and risk management / internal audit issues
- Contributed to the creation, revision, and implementation of internal policies and procedures for multiple business functions
- Responded to elevated consumer and regulatory inquiries and complaints
- Managed and successfully resolved large-exposure claims and lawsuits across the country, including numerous multi-million-dollar death or permanent injury cases and several class action cases
- Provided legal advice for the bottling and distribution operations of the company, advising and counseling internal clients on risk management, regulatory, compliance, and safety issues
- Closely monitored legal and regulatory developments, providing executive
summaries and updates for senior leadership and business owners
- Acted as outside general counsel to numerous small-to-mid-size businesses, providing advice and counsel regarding contract, real estate, and regulatory / compliance issues
- Authored and argued winning dispositive motions, at both the state and federal court levels, for complex commercial and real estate matters
- Delivered legal counsel and advice to landowners, contractors, landlords, and tenants regarding various construction and real estate issues
- Delivered legal counsel and advice to financial institutions regarding compliance, risk management, lending, and commercial collection matters
- State Bar: Florida