Amelia Waring is based in the Firm's Columbia office, where she concentrates her practice in litigation matters. Amelia brings her extensive knowledge of the South Carolina court systems and firsthand experience with state and federal judges when assisting clients.
Prior to joining the Firm, Amelia worked as a long-term senior Law Clerk to the Honorable Jean Hoefer Toal, Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court, and as a staff attorney to the Supreme Court of South Carolina. She also previously worked as a law clerk to the Honorable J. Michelle Childs in both the South Carolina Circuit Court and the United States District Court, District of South Carolina. She is a co-author of the third edition of Appellate Practice in South Carolina.
Community & Professional
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Member, Richland County Bar
- Board Member, South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (2017-2020)
- Member, Colonial Dames of South Carolina
- Member, John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Member, Washington and Lee Fifteen Year Reunion Committee
- Member, Jean Hoefer Toal Portrait Committee
- Member, The Honorable J. Waties Waring Statue Committee (2013-2015)
- Co-author, Appellate Practice in South Carolina, 3rd Edition (South Carolina Bar)
- Contributor, Madame Chief Justice Jean Hoefer Toal of South Carolina (University of South Carolina Press)
- State Bar: South Carolina
- U.S. District Court: District of South Carolina