Thomas is an Associate in the Firm’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice. He assists organizations of all sizes across various business and industry sectors in responding to data security events and implementing robust information security and privacy programs.
In addition, Thomas advises clients on incident response processes from a legal and technical perspective, focusing on issues including business continuity, disaster recovery, forensic analysis, notification obligations, and public relations. As a part of a proactive approach to client service, Thomas has also been involved with mock data security incident simulations involving ransomware, business email compromise, and vendor compromise for companies and their leadership and executives. Thomas earned his J.D. from the University of Tennessee College of Law. He holds a B.A., magna cum laude, in Political Science from the University of Tennessee Knoxville, where he was a member of the Chancellor Honors Program.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association (Member, Privacy and Information Security Committee; member, Big Data and AI Task Force)
- Counseled clients in numerous governmental investigations
- Represented clients across industry sectors in connection with data security breaches involving consumer data, employee information, and other sensitive information
- Assisted organizations with domestic and international privacy compliance
- 2018, Tennessee Attorney Memo Business Law Conference
- Nashville Technology Council’s 2020 Analytics Summit: Big Data in the Dawn of Privacy Reformation
- Corporate Cybersecurity Trainings for Middle Tennessee Businesses (VACO, Lifeway Christian, etc.)
- State Bar: Tennessee