Sylvia Maddox is a staff attorney working in the firm's Charleston office.
Sylvia's current focus is on multi-district litigation involving mass tort, toxic tort, and personal injury cases. Her clients are individuals and businesses affected by large petroleum spills.
Before joining the firm, Sylvia worked with a variety of local law firms. Her previous experience includes construction defect litigation, general insurance defense, personal injury, medical malpractice, and employment law.
Community & Professional
- Charleston Bar Association
- Berkeley County Bar
- Young Lawyer's Division
- Charleston School of Law:
- Moot Court Member, National Competition Chair 2012
- Charleston Law Review, Associate Articles Editor
- Intellectual Property Law Society, President
- Charleston School of Law Merit-based Scholarship
- CALI Award Recipient for highest grade in: Property, Legal Research and Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Limited Liability Companies
- Best Brief Award, Moot Court Competition 2010
- Dean's List Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2011, Spring 2012
- State Bar: South Carolina