As a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice, Sarah heads up cybersecurity risk assessments, data breach response, and cybersecurity compliance and training initiatives.
Sarah has gained prominence through her cyber knowledge and experience, earning the ANSI-Accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) while also serving as the Vice Chair of the Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force and an adjunct cybersecurity law professor at the University of Alabama School of Law.
For almost a decade, Sarah has worked on a wide array of cyber-related issues, from data breach planning, response, and recovery, to navigating vendor management and contract negotiations, to helping companies bolster their information security programs. She has performed cybersecurity risk assessments for over 100 private equity portfolio companies and has advised a variety of organizations, from Fortune 500 companies to tech start-ups, across all industry verticals.
Clients appreciate Sarah’s ability to simplify the complex and handle high pressure situations with an even-keeled manner. Her infectious personality has led to numerous speaking opportunities, while her subject-matter expertise has led to Sarah becoming a published author on cybersecurity risk management.
Community & Professional
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Alabama State Bar Association – Vice Chair of Alabama State Bar Cybersecurity Task Force
- Tech Birmingham
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Science and Technology Law Sections
- Guiding clients through cybersecurity incident response
- Facilitating cybersecurity risk assessments
- Developing cybersecurity policies, procedures, and governance programs to align with regulatory requirements
- Performing cybersecurity awareness and incident response readiness training
- Negotiating cyber risk issues in technology contracts
- Providing strategic advice during transactions involving cybersecurity risk
- Evaluating cyber liability insurance coverage
- Best Lawyers: "Ones to Watch" for Commercial Litigation, Privacy and Data Security law (2022-present), Intellectual Property Law, Technology Law (2024)
- BBJ NextGen Law Honoree (2021)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
Below is a list of Sarah's recent speaking engagements.
- October 27, 2021: "Ransomware On The Rise: What to Do When You Get Hit" - Compliance and Ethics Forum for Life Insurers (CEFLI) October Educational Webinar
- August 18, 2021: "Campus Security – A Practical Approach to Implementation" - Career Schools Private Education Network Annual Conference
- September 2, 2020: “Privacy & Security in 2020: What’s Happened and What’s Coming,” - Association of Corporate Counsel, Alabama Chapter (Webinar)
- May 5, 2020: "Force Majeure: Navigating contract performance issues during the pandemic" - COVID-19 Webinar: Navigating Landlord/Tenant Relations & General Real Estate Issues
- May 5, 2020: "Cybersecurity Update: How cyber criminals are taking advantage of businesses to commit fraud" - COVID-19 Webinar: Navigating Landlord/Tenant Relations & General Real Estate Issues
- July 19, 2019: "Exploring the Impact of the 2018 Data Breach Notification Act" - Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- March 8, 2019: “Hot Topics in Privacy and Cybersecurity Law” - Birmingham Bar Association Membership Forum
- November 30, 2018: “Data Breach/Privacy Issues for Employment Lawyers” - CLE Alabama Employment Law Update
- October 24, 2018: "Understanding and Combating Cyber Fraud: Trends and Techniques" - Alabama Women in Public Finance
- June 2018: “Privacy and Data Security Law: an Overview” - Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
- May 19, 2018: “Cybersecurity: Best Practices for Attorneys and their Clients” - Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers’ Section Annual CLE
- April 18, 2018: “Data Privacy and Security Laws: Their Broad Reach and Enforcement” - Birmingham Bar Association’s Women Lawyers Section CLE
- February 21, 2018: "Trending Issues in Government Enforcement" - Cyber Huntsville
Contributing author, "Technology in Construction Law - A Legal Guide", ABA Forum on Construction Law (book published 2023)
Edward A. Hosp, Starr T. Drum, and Sarah S. Glover, The Alabama Data Breach Notification Act of 2018, The Alabama Lawyer, September 2018, Vol. 79, No. 5.
John Thomas A. Malatesta III and Sarah S. Glover, A Clear and Present Danger: Mitigating the Data Security Risk Vendor Pose to Businesses, The Sedona Conference Journal, Vol. 17, No. 2 (2016).
- Blog, 04.10.2018
- State Bar: Alabama
- U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle)
- Honorable Robert B. Propst
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama (2011-2012)