Richard is Of Counsel in Maynard Nexsen’s Corporate section.
His practice focuses on estate planning, wills, trusts, residential and commercial real estate, and small business organization.
Richard received his J.D. from the University of Nebraska.
Community & Professional
- U.S. Navy JAG Corps (1965-1970)
- Member of the Voluntary Orange County Bar Association
- Member of the Estate Planning, Probate, Trust and Guardianship Committee
- Fairwinds Credit Union Board of Directors (Chairman 1999-present, Chairman 2012-2013 and 2003-2006)
- Waterman Communities, Inc. Board of Directors (1996-present)
- Served on committees in Trust Estates, Probate, and Real Estate sections of the State and Local Bar Associations
- Written numerous wills and trusts and assisted in the administration of probate estates and wills
- Organized various business entities; for profit corporations, non-profits, and charitable corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and assisted non-profit corporations in obtaining their tax exempt charitable status.
- Drafted commercial condominium documents; covenants, easements, and restrictions for real estate development.
- Involved in several successful trust and estate litigations
- Navy Achievement medal for service in Vietnam
- Judge J.C. “Jake” Stone Distinguished Service Award
- Jefferson Award for Public Service
- Individual Award of Excellence
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- 1992-1996 quarterly Pre-Retirement and Estate Planning class for Lockheed-Martin, Orlando employees
- Florida contributor for the American Bar Association “Guide to Wills & Estates”
- State Bar: Florida