Jessica is a Shareholder in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice at Maynard Nexsen.
Her practice is dedicated to representing employers in the design, implementation, administration, and correction of tax-qualified retirement plans (including cash balance plans, ESOPs, and more traditional pension and 401(k) plans), non-qualified deferred compensation plans, executive compensation arrangements, and health and other welfare benefit plans.
As part of this practice, she counsels clients on qualified retirement plan design and administration, including government reporting, compliance matters, and day-to-day issues. She also provides advice to public and private companies concerning executive compensation matters and Section 409A compliance, including drafting and designing employment agreements, equity-based compensation programs, incentive bonus arrangements, and individual and group deferred compensation plans. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience dealing with complex employee benefit plan issues surrounding the purchase or sale of the equity interests or assets of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
Community & Professional
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Southern Employee Benefits Conference
- Society of Human Resource Managers
- Momentum Women's Upward Leadership Program, Class 4
- Junior League of Birmingham
- Community Ministry for Girls, Inc.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2021-present)
- Blog, 12.14.2019
- Blog, 03.08.2019
- Blog, 02.06.2019
- Blog, 12.18.2018
- Blog, 06.03.2018
- CLIENT ALERT - DOL PROPOSES EXPANSION OF ASSOCIATION HEALTH PLANS: OPPORTUNITIES FOR BENEFITS PROFESSIONALSBlog, 01.26.2018
- Blog, 05.05.2017
- State Bar: Alabama