David is a Shareholder in Maynard Nexsen’s Corporate Securities and Tax Practice. His broad corporate experience comprises securities law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, with an emphasis on international business transactions.
David represents both publicly and privately held companies in connection with their strategic business initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions and various corporate governance matters. His experience includes representing private equity and venture capital funds with equity and debt financing transactions as well as the representation of emerging companies that are raising growth capital from investors.
David has extensive experience drafting corporate agreements related to clients’ business operations which include Shareholders’ Agreements, Operating Agreements, and Distribution Agreements. In addition, he coordinates the formation and corporate governance for domestic and foreign companies and provides guidance on relevant business law matters. Fluent in Spanish and conversational French, David has counseled various companies regarding cross-border transactions and the establishment of subsidiaries and business activities in the U.S.
In his securities practice, David has assisted publicly traded companies with underwritten public offerings of stock as well as prepared SEC and FINRA filings and periodic reports for publicly traded clients.
With corporate at the core of his practice, David is also accustomed to assisting international clients in structuring acquisitions of U.S. real property and complying with FIRPTA regulations upon the sale of property. He has experience with managing the closing process and review of legal documents for the purchase, sale, and financing of residential and commercial real estate.
David earned his J.D. at Harvard Law School where he was a member of the Harvard Latino Law Review. While in law school, he attended one semester at the Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid, Spain. He holds a B.A., cum laude, from Harvard College in international studies.
Community & Professional
- Coral Gables Bar Association (Member of Board of Directors)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Represented a NASDAQ listed company in a $450 million underwritten public offering of common stock and the acquisition of its European distributor
- Represented a healthcare technology company in its Series A financing round from BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners
- Represented various European and Latin American multi-national companies with the establishment of U.S. subsidiaries and business operations
- Assisted with the research and drafting of Pre-Confirmation Tax Exemption Under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Andrews Bankruptcy Litigation Reporter (August 2004); author, Jeffrey Bast
- State Bar: Florida