Christie is a Shareholder and a member of Maynard Nexsen’s Real Estate and Financial Services Practice Group. Her practice is national in scope and focuses primarily on commercial real estate transactions, including all aspects of the representation of buyers, sellers, developers and investors in the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of real property, including multifamily and single-family residential developments, retail, office and industrial properties. Christie has significant experience handling single-family rental home portfolio sales and acquisitions, regularly works with residential home builders, developers and investors, and has recently handled several transactions in the emerging build-to-rent market. In addition, Christie also represents landlord and tenants in commercial leasing matters, as well as lenders and borrowers in a wide range of real estate and other asset-based commercial financing transactions, including multi-state transactions, acquisition and construction lending, permanent loans, and refinancings.
Prior to re-joining Maynard Nexsen in 2015, Christie served as corporate counsel in the Legal Department at BBVA USA where she gained significant experience in the commercial lending area. Christie’s prior work also includes the representation of lenders and other secured and unsecured creditors in commercial bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, loan workouts and debt restructuring efforts, and commercial litigation matters.
Christie received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and holds a B.A. from Dartmouth College. Christie was recently acknowledged as a Birmingham Business Journal “NextGenBHM” Law Honoree.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- BirminghamCREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) (2016-present)
- Board of Directors, Secretary (2016-2020)
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Dartmouth Club of Alabama, President
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham, Active Big Sister
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham: Big Sister of the Year, 2016
- Recognized by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Alabama, Real Estate, 2023
- Birmingham Business Journal NextGenBHM Law Honoree (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Real Estate (2016 - Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law (2024)
- 08.17.2023 | News from Maynard Nexsen
- State Bar: Alabama