Brad is a Shareholder in the Firm's Real Estate Practice Group.
Brad has broad real estate experience in acquisition, development, financing, and leasing, representing buyers, sellers, developers, investors, landlords, and tenants in all types of commercial real estate matters, with particular emphasis on multifamily, retail, office, mixed-use, industrial, and ground up development. His previous experience has involved representing a large, mixed-use real estate investment trust in all aspects, including acquisition, disposition, partnerships and joint ventures, leasing, financing, and general corporate matters. In that area, he has also focused on economic incentives, multi-property and portfolio transactions, and ground-up development opportunities.
Brad has been widely recognized for representing his clients and getting deals closed. He has also been included in Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America©.
Brad was inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL).
He earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University, and he holds a B.S. in General Business from The University of Alabama.
- Fellow in American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law (2007 - Present)
- "Adaptive Lease of Office Buildings and Shopping Centers in Today's Market", American Law Institute - Continuing Legal Education (June 2023)
- "Acquisitions, Financing & Leasing in an Uncertain Market", Amercian Law Institute - Continuing Legal Education (January 2023)
- "Scoring a Touchdown for Your Client on the Toughest Purchase-and-Sale Provisions: Fight for Every Yard or Fight to Make a Deal?," ICSC+U.S. LAW (Nov 5, 2021) (conference)
- "Commercial Real Estate Leases 2021- Materials and Logistics," sponsored by the American Law Institute (Sept 21, 2021) (webinar)
"Financeable Ground Leases (With Forms)," The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, American Law Institute - Continuing Legal Education, January 2022
- State Bar: Alabama, Texas