Bob Hull has more than 40 years of experience counseling clients on issues ranging from general business matters to intricate real estate and corporate, acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
A Focus on Real Estate
Bob currently serves as Senior Counsel with the Firm and, part-time, as General (In-House) Counsel with long-time clients, Canopy REALTOR® Association, Canopy MLS, and their affiliated companies. Over the years, Bob has represented several other regional REALTOR® Associations and real estate multiple listing services across the country on various engagements. His real estate practice focused on commercial real estate development, acquisitions, dispositions and financings, title examinations and title insurance matters, commercial lending, and retail and office leasing transactions. He has worked with real estate developers, buyers, sellers, and lenders in all aspects of real estate transactions. He has also advised out-of-state real estate lenders on North Carolina-related legal issues.
Helping Business Owners
Bob has assisted many corporate clients in handling various business matters, negotiating contracts, and carrying out business transactions of all types. He has advised clients on company formation matters, ongoing management and ownership issues, and merger and acquisition transactions. Bob has also advised clients on business succession and other estate planning matters.
Community & Professional
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte Athletic Foundation, Former President
- Commonwealth and Stewart Creek Charter Schools, former Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
Outside Maynard Nexsen
Casting a fly on a North Carolina stream or spending time with family in the North Carolina mountains or at the North Carolina coast is where Bob is most relaxed. He fishes as often as he can throughout the state and has even had the opportunity to angle on streams in Virginia, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah.
As a native of Charlotte, Bob has always been active in the local community and has served in leadership roles with the Mecklenburg County Bar, UNC Charlotte Athletic Foundation, St. Gabriel and St. Patrick Catholic Churches, the House of Mercy in Belmont, NC and other civic organizations.
Bob and his wife, Tammy, have 2 married children and 5 grandchildren.
- Serves, part-time, as General (In-House) Counsel to Canopy REALTOR® Association, Canopy MLS, and their affiliated companies and has represented other REALTOR® Associations and real estate multiple listing services across the country on various engagements.
- Represented a large mid-Atlantic real estate multiple listing service in connection with a merger transaction involving 38 REALTOR® Associations and multiple listing services to create Bright MLS, one of the nation's largest real estate multiple listing services, operating in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.areas.
- Represented various parties in numerous business transactions, including stock and asset acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, joint ventures, and other similar transactions for private and public companies.
- Represented regional airline and original shareholders in an initial public stock offering and other ongoing corporate and securities compliance matters.
- Advised clients on the rights and duties of directors, officers, and shareholders and related corporate governance matters.
- Advised many family businesses in connection with generational transfer of control issues.
- Represented commercial lenders in negotiating, structuring, restructuring, and documenting loan transactions secured by real estate and other collateral.
- Represented clients in the acquisition, leasing, financing, development, and disposition of commercial, industrial and mixed-use real estate projects.
- Represented landlords and tenants in retail, office, and industrial leasing transactions.
- Represented an equipment leasing company in multi-million-dollar financing of new and amended loans.
- Represented a motorsports company in a multi-million-dollar line of credit refinancing.
- Represented Seller in connection with the disposition of a multi-state food brokerage business.
- Represented clients in private securities offerings.
- Represented clients in connection with creating restrictive covenants for residential and commercial developments.
- Represented a local college in connection with the leasing of a dormitory for mixed-use purposes.
- Represented various automobile dealerships in real estate acquisition transactions.
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law, Since 2015
- Listed by Business NC Legal Elite in the area of Business
- 08.18.2022 | Firm News
- State Bar: North Carolina